Travel through the two historical regions of Wallachia and Transylvania to find well preserved medieval sites, romantic castles and the breathtaking beauty of the Carpathian Mountains while driving on the most scenic road in Romania. This 2-days private tour is the perfect way to experience some of the most spectacular natural landscapes and the most fascinating medieval places in Romania in a short amount of time.
We make our way up to the Carpathian Mountains along the picturesque Transfagarasan, declared by Top Gear the best road in the world. Built high up in the Fagaras Mountains, the road stretches for 100 km, offering breathtaking views.
In the evening we will reach the medieval city of Brasov where you will be accommodated.
We spend the morning exploring the old center of Brasov with sights such as: the City Hall with its clock tower, the monumental Gothic Black Church (inside visit included), the fortifications around the former citadel, two watch towers up the hill, the craftsmen guilds and the narrowest street in Europe.
Close by we find the famous Bran Castle (inside visit included), known also as Dracula’s Castle. The castle benefits from grandiose towers and winding narrow staircases and passages which intensify its Gothic look. Together we shall discover the connection between the legendary ruler, Vlad the Impaler, and the infamous vampire.
Further down south, we will discover Sinaia, one of the most scenic mountain resorts.This is where the Romanian royal family built their summer residence, the Peles Castle (inside visit included), a magnificent palace in the German Renaissance style.
* Please note that the Peles Castle is closed on Mondays when it will be replaced by a visit to the spectacular 13th century Rasnov Citadel.
• Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
• Informative, friendly and professional guide
• All entrance fees included
• Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
• Private guide for a more personalized experience
• Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Tour duration: 2 days
• Overnight accommodation at 3* hotel or guesthouse
• Entrance fees
• Professional guide
• Private tour
• Local taxes
• Live commentary on board
• Local guide
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transport by private vehicle
Single supplement 30 euro
Prices starting from 250 euro per person
Bucharest hotel or airport pick up
Returns to original departure point
Tour Availability’s Date:
Jul 01, 2017 to Oct 06, 2017
Tour Availability days