Full-Day Tour of Bucharest with Mogosoaia and Snagov Monastery
The Bucharest Day Tour will take you to places where you will experience the medieval culture and architecture in its superior form. Throughout the Full Day Tour of Bucharest, you will find great places and witness the best that this city has to offer. Find yourself in awe seeing the great Parliament Building that is the largest Parliament in the world. Explore the Village Museum that showcases some of the finest collection of traditional houses and art.
Visit the breathtaking Mogosoaia Palace which is a symbol of Romanian Renaissance style of architecture. See the beautifully Snagov Monastery; the supposed burial palace of Vlad III “Dracula”. The 8 hour long Day Tour of Bucharest will take you to many exquisite places like the Triumph Arch, the Old Town, and the Victory Avenue.
- Duration8 Hours
- Activity Level Moderate
- Group Size Small Group
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Discover Bucharest, a charming city full of contrasts with impressive 17th century old churches, well preserved traditional houses and imposing French style palaces alongside communist era buildings and glass office towers.
This full day tour of Bucharest and its surroundings includes the following sights:
– Parliament Palace (Inside Visit) – the second largest building in the world, put up at the request of Nicolae Ceausescu during the 1980s and opened in the post communist years as the seat of the Romanian Parliament.
– Village Museum (Inside Visit) – an open-air museum, situated on the shore of the scenic Herastrau Lake and stretched over a surface of 38 acres, it represents a micro-universe of the traditional Romanian village with houses taken from all regions of Romania.
– Old Town (Walking Tour) – the former quarter where the merchants and craftsmen lived and worked in French inspired houses is now the entertainment center of Bucharest, filled with many restaurants, cosy cafes and pubs lined up along the quaint narrow cobblestone streets.
– Victory Avenue ( Panoramic sightseeing) – one of the oldest streets in Bucharest dating back to the 17th century, it features majestic palaces, art museums, former residences of the aristocracy and old churches.
– Revolution Square (Panoramic sightseeing) the place where Nicolae Ceausescu held his last speech and where the protests that ultimately led to the fall of communism took place in December 1989.
– Mogosoaia Palace is the former residence of Wallachian princes in the 18th century, built in the Romanian Renaissance style, an architectural style which combines in a striking manner Byzantine-Ottoman elements with Baroque and Western Renaissance.
– Snagov Monastery (Inside Visit) is said to be the final resting place of another Wallachian prince, Vlad the Impaler, also known as Dracula. Located on an island, the 15th century Christian-Orthodox monastery with its original paintings and tower is a monument of medieval art.
• Full-day tour of Bucharest and nearby highlights
• Explore Romania’s expansive capital in the comfort of a private vehicle
• See Bucharest landmarks like Parliament Palace, Victory Avenue, and Old Town
• Learn about the country’s tumultuous history and the fall of its Communist regime from a guide
• Get a glimpse of traditional Romanian country life at the Village Museum
• Visit beautiful Mogosoaia Palace, the former home of Wallachian rulers
• See the burial site of the real-life prince who inspired Bram Stoker’s Dracula at Snagov Monastery
Tour duration: 8 hours
Professional English Speaking Guide
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Small-group tour (maximum 6 people per group)
Hotel/Hostel/Accommodation pickup and drop-off
Entrance fees( 15 euros per person)
Pickup from location of choice in Bucharest
Tour Availability’s Date:
Oct 30, 2016 to Dec 20, 2018
Tour Availability days