The Road in the Sky Transfagarasan Highway Day Trip from Bucharest
- Cruise along mountain ridges and through valleys on one of Romania's highest roads
- Enjoy magnificent views of the Carpathian Mountains and Transylvanian countryside
- Visit the 14th-century royal court and monastery in Curtea de Arges
Itinerary 12 hours
This is a typical itinerary for this product.
Triumph Arch, Bucharest
The journey starts early morning in Bucharest heading north.
Vidraru Dam, Curtea de Arges, Arges County, Southern Romania
After the visit, travel toward the Carpathian Mountains stopping to admire the Vidraru Dam, one of the largest in Romania.
Transfagarasan Highway, Curtea de Arges, Arges County, Southern Romania
Finally, enjoy a memorable ride along the picturesque Transfagarasan, declared by Top Gear, "the best road in the world". Built high up in the Fagaras Mountains, the road stretches for 62 miles (100 km), offering breathtaking views. Stops will be made on the way to admire the scenery, take photos on top at Balea Lake and simply enjoy the strong and healthy mountain air with fantastic aerial views before heading back to Bucharest, which will be reached in the evening.
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small-Group tour ( maximum of 8 people per group)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
Returns to original departure point