Dracula Castle, Peles Castle and Brasov Small Group Tour from Bucharest
- Full-day tour to Transylvania from Bucharest
- Get spooked on a tour of Gothic Bran Castle, also known as Dracula's Castle
- Visit the former royal residence at Peles Castle, considered one of the most beautiful of its kind in Europe
Itinerary 12 hours
This is a typical itinerary for this product.
Triumph Arch, Bucharest
Meet with your guide and set out for your Transylvania trip.
Peles Castle, Sinaia, Prahova County, Southern Romania
Start your day trip with Peles Castle (inside visit), set in the scenic mountain resort of Sinaia, also called the Pearl of the Carpathians. Tour the Romanian royal family’s former summer residence, which showcases a magnificent palace in the German Renaissance style. Built at the foot of the mountains between 1873 and 1914 by Carol I, the first Romanian king, the palace is considered one of the most beautiful of its kind in Europe.
Brasov Historical Center, Brasov, Brasov County, Central Romania, Transylvania
Next is the town of Brasov, previously known as Kronstadt. Its well-kept historical center filled with centuries-old homes connected by small streets paved with cobblestone retains its German medieval charm. Your walking tour of this lovely town starts from the main square, which features the Gothic Black Church (Biserica Neagră – inside visit), old City Hall, watch towers, walls around the former citadel, and the narrowest street in Europe.
Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Bran, Brasov County, Central Romania, Transylvania
Final stop at Bran Castle, commonly known as Dracula’s Castle (inside visit). The imposing construction, originally built as a fortress at the former border between Wallachia and Transylvania, looks out over a valley from its strategic position. The function of this medieval landmark is evident through its grandiose towers as well as its winding narrow staircases and passages. The Gothic appearance adds to the allure while you learn about its infamous ruler, Vlad the Impaler, and its legendary vampire. Conclude your tour with return transport to your hotel in Bucharest.
- Professional English speaking guide
- Pick-up from provided list of centrally located Hotels/Meeting Points
- Small-group tour (maximum 8 people per group)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance Fees ( 50 Ron for Peles castle - standard ground floor exhibition, 60 Ron for Bran Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Youth must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers.
- No heart problems or other medical conditions such as car sickness.
- Your guide will assist you with purchasing the entrance tickets (50 RON for Peles castle, standard ground floor exhibition, 60 RON for Bran Castle)
- Not allowed for pregnant travelers
- Pick-up service starts between 7:30 am and 7:50 am. We will email one day before with pick-up details.
- Minimum age of the participant is 11 years old
- Between 16 of April 2023 and 30 of September 2023 Peles Castle is closed on Monday. You will spend more time at Bran Castle & Brasov
- From September 30 2023 till 14 of April 2024 Peles Castle will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. You will spend more time at Bran Castle and Brasov
Thank you so much Pavel for such an amazing day. You were a fantastic guide. Tour was so very enjoyable from start to finish. Castles and Brasov so worth seeing. We highly recommend. Great value for money. Thank you, Stephen and Louise
Fantastic tour and we were the first people in at Peles Castle, Ovi our driver & guide did a great job getting us there fast. Small group tour always better than the big bus option. Draculas Castle was good although a little crowded. Highly recommend this tour.
I joined the trip to The Peles Castle, City of Brasov and Bran Castle. I like the tour becuase it is well organized and it allows to see everything in one day, with a very optimzed but not too stressful time schedule. The guide Andi is very knowledgeable about the story related to the castles and the city and he has been very involving for all the duration of the trip, giving also us precious advices to for the restaurant to join for lunch in Brasov, which was delicious. I suggest to choose this day tour if you are passionate of history, architecture, culture and landscapes.
We went on the tour to Peles Castle, Brasov and Bran Castle and it was excellent. Andy was our guide and he was fantastic from start to finish. He messaged us to say he had arrived at the hotel earlier than expected but was fine to wait until we were ready. He was so informative and knows a lot of history of each place we visited. He also involved all the group in discussions and choices of music for the 3 hour drive. He also talked about his personal stories and is a great guy. He could also recommend places to visit and eat and would help with reservations. The day should have been a 12 hour round trip but ended up being 14 hours due to busy roads and accidents on the motorways. Andy kindly pulled into a service station on the way back so we could all freshen up and have a bite to eat. The mini van was big enough for 8 of us and had air con which was good. The places we visited out of all of them we enjoyed Peles Castle the most. Bran Castle is too hyped up and has nothing really to do with Dracula but it was interesting. Be prepared to queue for a long time to get in. An excellent tour and an excellent tour guide. 10 out of 10 from us.
We had an amazing time with Andy, our tour guide! The trip is a full day excursion really well organized with the right time in each attraction.