3 - Days Explore Transylvania from Bucharest
- A multi-day, all-inclusive tour of Transylvania’s top attractions
- Sample tasty regional dishes, including a home-cooked meal in a quaint Transylvanian village
- Travel comfortably in a private sedan or minivan, with door-to-door pickup each day
Itinerary 3 days
This is a typical itinerary for this product.
Day 1 Bucharest – Curtea de Arges – Cozia – Sibiu
Triumph Arch, Bucharest
On the first day you will be picked up from Bucharest from your accommodation and we will drive towards beautiful Transylvania.
Curtea de Arges Monastery, Curtea de Arges, Arges County, Southern Romania
Our first stop will be at Curtea de Arges Monastery one of the most important faith centers of Romania, which we will explore to find out it’s history.
Monastero di Cozia, Caciulata, Valcea County, Southwest Romania
Then head for Olt River Valley Road, passing by you will see Cozia Monastery as you drive towards Sibiu.
Sibiu Travel, Sibiu, Sibiu County, Central Romania, Transylvania
Reach Sibiu in the afternoon where you will be accommodated and set out for a walking tour in one of the most beautiful Transylvanian cities.
Overnight in Sibiu
Accommodation included: Overnight in 4* centrally located hotel in Sibiu
Day 2 Sibiu – Biertan – Sighisoara - Brasov
Biertan Fortified Church, Biertan, Sibiu County, Central Romania, Transylvania
After breakfast we will head for Biertan Fortified Church UNESCO Heritage site, to visit one of the most important fortified church in Transylvania.
Sighisoara Historic Center, Sighisoara, Mures County, Central Romania, Transylvania
Then we head the medieval citadel of Sighisoara, one of the very few permanently inhabited citadels in Europe. This is also the birthplace of the legendary Vlad Dracula, whose house we will see, after which we will climb to the top of the 500 year old clock tower for a fantastic view over the town.
Brasov Historical Center, Brasov, Brasov County, Central Romania, Transylvania
Reach Brasov in the afternoon where you will be accommodated and set out for a walking tour in one of the most beautiful Transylvanian cities.
Overnight in Brasov
Accommodation included: Overnight in 4* centrally located hotel in Brasov
Day 3 Brasov – Bran castle – Peles Castle - Bucharest
Brasov – Bran castle – Peles Castle - Bucharest
Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Bran, Brasov County, Central Romania, Transylvania After breakfast set out in the morning towards Bran Castle aka Dracula’s castle the imposing construction watches over a valley from a strategic position, it was originally built as a fortress at the former border between Wallachia and Transylvania. Together we shall discover the connection between the legendary ruler, Vlad the Impaler, and the infamous vampire.
Peles Castle, Sinaia, Prahova County, Southern Romania
From Bran castle we will head for our last stop Peles castle, which is built by the royal family of Romania during the 19th century, this palace offers an insight of 19th century German Renaissance style of decorations. Reach Bucharest in the afternoon.
No accommodation included on this day.
- 2x Breakfast
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- 2 nights accommodation
- Fuel surcharge
- Overnight accommodation 4* hotels or guesthouses
- Professional English Speaking guide
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel/Hostel/Accommodation pickup and drop-off
- Transport by sedan/minivan vehicle
- Entrance fees (20 euros per person)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - Biertan Fortified Church
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible, due to uneven surfaces
- There is a 50 Euro single supplement to be paid directly to the guide at the departure if you require a single room
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a small tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Returns to original departure point
Marius picked us up again and took us north, firstly to the wonderful Peles Castle – really a Germanic royal summer palace. The artwork was staggering. Then onto Bran Castle, the real home of Vlad. This is a real 14th century castle famous for the fictional Dracula story. We went through the beautiful Transylvanian countryside, seeing Vlad Dracula’s birthplace (One really couldn’t avoid him!) High spots were the wonderful, fortified church at Biertan and the lovely city of Sibiu. Marius was a fount of knowledge, covering all the places we saw. He sympathetically and unobtrusively helped my wife when she had difficulties climbing ramps and steps. We have no hesitation in recommending him to any future tourists. Well done and thank you.
The itinerary was fascinating,the trips were enjoyable and the tour guide was knowledgeable and good natured.
We were glad to visit Sibiu last since it still keeps the medieval walls and with “eyes” on the roof top. Our accommodation was good with tasteful breakfasts. Our guide Marius was great. He kept us amused with lots of explanations and stories. We were lucky to have him!